Health and Work
The section deals with the interactions between work and health. It aims to identify suitable interventions to promote work-related health. We are particularly interested in those stress-resource constellations that, depending on the target group, may be associated with particular vulnerability
- To support public health research and practice regarding health and work e.g. on the effectiveness of relevant interventions.
- To contribute to the establishment of health and work as a relevant field of research and intervention in public health.
- To promote networking and targeted cooperation with related disciplines, actors and institutions in the field of health and work.
In order to achieve these goals the section
- promotes the exchange between science, politics and practice
- is in continuous dialogue with researchers and practice partners in the field of health and work
- is committed to interdisciplinary, transdisciplinary and interinstitutional cooperation in the field of health and work.
Activities and products
- Regular workshops on the topic of health and work as part of the annual congress „Armut und Gesundheit“ in Berlin
- Cooperation with related professional societies in the form of lectures, congress events
- Publications on relevant topics
Opportunities to participate
You are cordially invited to get involved in our department or contribute your own ideas.
Prof. Dr. Gudrun Faller
Communication and Intervention in the Context of Health and Work
Department of Community Health
Hochschule für Gesundheit
Tel.: +49(0)234 77727729
Prof. Dr. Eva-Maria Bitzer,
Public Health & Health Education
Pädagogische Hochschule Freiburg
Prof. Dr. Alfons Hollederer
University of Kassel
The Faculty of Human Sciences (FB 01)
Professor for Theory and Empirics of Health